Precepting boredom: macro photos from the drug box

fiznat

Call me a dork if you must, but I enjoy messing around with photography from time to time, and with all the free time I've got in the back of the ambulance while I'm precepting this seemed like the natrual thing to do. Note that these are not all of the drugs we carry. Not pictured are the benzos, narcs, promethazine, ampule 1:1000 epi, glucagon, cardizem, nebs, or NTG paste. There is tetricane elsewhere too. If you spot any expired ones be sure to let me know! :wink:

Enjoy!

EpiHalf750.jpg

SugarHalf750.jpg

Narcan750.jpg

EpiRowMod750.jpg

What lens and camera set up did you use? I'm only asking because those aren't exactly 'Macro' shots. Go to www.photography-on-the.net/forums and look in the macro section for what macro's are.

BTW, I'd have never thought of shooting the drug box :lol:

Good clear shots though. At least the colors are good and there's no real blurring of the photos.

What lens and camera set up did you use? I'm only asking because those aren't exactly 'Macro' shots. Go to www.photography-on-the.net/forums and look in the macro section for what macro's are.

BTW, I'd have never thought of shooting the drug box :lol:

Good clear shots though. At least the colors are good and there's no real blurring of the photos.

Yeaah I know they're not really "macro" shots technically. They are semi-close-up, or whatever you might call them. (although maybe the Narcan one could be considered macro?)

I was using my trusty digital camera, the 3.1mp Cannon Powershot G1 with the regular lens and ambient light only. Nice, reliable camera with manual settings that I've had since 2002 or so haha. It works though, even though its a huge brick and looks like something Marty McFly might use.

you guys take the pre-filled syringes out of the boxes?? huh, where do you keep the plastic syringe part?? Also, i didn't notice any pediatric concentrations - D25 and 4.2% sodium bicarb?? Wow, 200 mg Lasix??? that's a bunch, what's your standing order?

110mg Epi 1:10,000.... and possibly another 10mg vial? cool.... lol

you guys take the pre-filled syringes out of the boxes?? huh, where do you keep the plastic syringe part??

Yeah, not a big fan of Thomas packs at all.

Overrated. Overpriced. Underfunctional. Ugly.

Rub it in my face why don't you fiz. :lol:

huh, where do you keep the plastic syringe part??

Looks like they're in the second picture.

Wow, 200 mg Lasix???

Hehehe- I've got 240, sometimes 300 if the ER doesn't have anything but 100mg vials to replace my 40mg with!

Call me a dork if you must, but I enjoy messing around with photography from time to time, and with all the free time I've got in the back of the ambulance while I'm precepting

Nice pics. Given me an idea on how to fill some time :lol:

What is "precepting"? Seen it used on this site a few times, must be a US term. Dictionary definitions don't give me a clear idea - "a rule or commandment"

Might take some pics of our drug kits for you and you can see all our f***ing glass ampoules :shock:

Nice pics. Given me an idea on how to fill some time :lol:

What is "precepting"? Seen it used on this site a few times, must be a US term. Dictionary definitions don't give me a clear idea - "a rule or commandment"

Might take some pics of our drug kits for you and you can see all our f***ing glass ampoules :shock:

precepting, hmm easiest way to explain, hmm, i guess a peceptor is like a mentor, precepting is mentoring a student who is trying to become a emt-b/emt-p etc..

I think that should explain it ... maybe someone else can explain better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.