Why can't I intubate?

KatieC

Good news...I practiced, practiced, practiced with all of your guys' advice on the mannequins. Then I went to the OR Tuesday and got my other 2 intubations! :)

Now I just need a few more IV starts, and all my clinicals will be done for my class. Then it's time to concentrate on the written final....

Thanks again for all your help.

Good news! That's how it usually works. A sudden breakthrough, then it is all downhill from there.

Best of luck with the remainder of your education!

Good news...I practiced, practiced, practiced with all of your guys' advice on the mannequins. Then I went to the OR Tuesday and got my other 2 intubations! B)

Now I just need a few more IV starts, and all my clinicals will be done for my class. Then it's time to concentrate on the written final....

Thanks again for all your help.

Congrats! It just takes a deep breath and some thinking. You're going to come across all types of airways, so don't get discouraged.

• 2 weeks later...

I struggle with tubing because I'm left handed. As a student I get funny looks when I use the "wrong" hand but it works for me so what's the problem?

Are you sweeping the tongue? I used to lift but not sweep which meant the tongue was still blocking the cords. It took an experienced ODP to point out my problem but I am eternally grateful!