What would give off a good first impression?

vcfd35s

I have never had an interview for an EMS related job, however I have had interviews for all my other jobs and have been hired on the spot. Listeneing to my parents and friends, i always dress in a professional manner, always in a suit. I wanted to know from the seasoned EMS professionals what is appropiate to wear for an interview for an EMT position? I have both a grey and dark navy blue suit. Which would give off a good impression? Alot of my buddies told me that they just wore a pair of nice slacks and a nice shirt. Yes, that might be ok, but I want to stand out from the rest and leave a good, respectful, professional impression on my interviewer. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!!

I think either of your suits would be appropriate, as long as you are comfortable in them. Nothing is worse then fidgeting around and adjusting your clothes. It makes you appear insecure.

Details are important. For example, clean nails, no cologne or very mild, make sure you shave, etc. Try to relax and be yourself.

Good luck. :)

clean hair cut, clean shave.

be prepared, pen AND pencil, resume, driving abstract etc...

i dont think what color suit you wear will matter as much as the content of your conversation.

also be warned alot of interviews for ems do include written and scenario tests.

:) good luck

Hey Vcfd, I have my job interview tomorrow so I feel your pain. I am in the middle of pressing a shirt and dress slacks right now. :shock:

I would definintely go with the suit you feel the best in. Both colors are professional and so I would say pay attention to details then. Pick a tie that is understated but says you mean business. Make sure your shirt is pressed and shoes shined and free of scuffs. Check the heels to make sure they aren't worn down. As always, leave your cell phone off and your pager on mute, if you wear one and keep both out of sight. Much of this is just common sense but I am already checking myself for anything I might have overlooked.

Good luck in your interview and let us know how it goes!

me personally i prefer going to my interviews with my work shoes/boots which has rediculously scuffed up toes, just so that my employer can see my "CPR toes"

btw im only kidding, just go in there and show you have a strong work ethic, and be respectful, and as most ppl in here will say dont act like you know everything and are on a mission to save the world.

Hey Vcfd, I have my job interview tomorrow so I feel your pain. I am in the middle of pressing a shirt and dress slacks right now. :shock:

I would definintely go with the suit you feel the best in. Both colors are professional and so I would say pay attention to details then. Pick a tie that is understated but says you mean business. Make sure your shirt is pressed and shoes shined and free of scuffs. Check the heels to make sure they aren't worn down. As always, leave your cell phone off and your pager on mute, if you wear one and keep both out of sight. Much of this is just common sense but I am already checking myself for anything I might have overlooked.

Good luck in your interview and let us know how it goes!

Good luck to you too as well!!! I am actually pretty excited for my interview because I am reasy to work as an EMT, its been a while and I am finally all set ready to go.

My interview process is a written, physical exam, map test, patient assesment run through, and if I pass all that I have my interview. However, on there website it states that all candidates must be in professional attire throughout the interview process....So a suit it is!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.