Deny Transport?

Can You Deny a Patient Transporation to the Hospital on a 9-1-1 call  

64 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I can understand why you didn't want to transport the lady,but I do hope you were nice to her.See my husband used to weigh 740# till 6 months ago and he had gastric bypass surgery.His dr. is 3 hours away and we relied on a bariatric service except one day they sent 2 littles females to transport him.....no wench,no ramps,just these 2 ladies.did i mention how nice they were to my husband and me?

Any way they called for our county 911 for back-up and upon arrival one EMT-I told them we will get first responders to come help cause I have a hurt back.I asked her partner what was wrong with her backa nd he said nothing.I say that to say this......Think about what you say on a scene cause family members can over hear as well as the pt and feelings can easily be hurt.I bet you were nice to her ,but you didn't abandon her you called for someone else.Which has happened to us on occasion.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

("tskstorm

This makes no sense to me ? What you said to me sounds like @ dont take your mva pt to an ER if the dialysis ctr is closer cuz he has [u)

n stage renal failure.

Every now and again, I feel the urge to purchase English textbooks and hand them out. :roll: I hope you don't write "pt being transported to dialysis for n stage renal failure" on your run tickets.

actually i wouldnt write any of that on an acr.

i also say things like cuz and if and dont use puntuation or grammar, re-read my post im sure i spelled dialysis wrong least once, and really couldnt care less, this threads closed for me didnt even read his last reply.

Wish all the name calling and attacks would stop, no wonder so many look at us as a group as being non-professional. It's beneficial to have discussion so we all learn but the recent posts benefit no one. We all work in different conditions, with different protocols. We can all be helped to improve patient care by getting input from others. If we don't agree we don't have to adopt that persons method, but at least we have insight into how others think or what they are required to deal with. Let's learn from each other not kill each other.

Wish all the name calling and attacks would stop, no wonder so many look at us as a group as being non-professional. It's beneficial to have discussion so we all learn but the recent posts benefit no one. We all work in different conditions, with different protocols. We can all be helped to improve patient care by getting input from others. If we don't agree we don't have to adopt that persons method, but at least we have insight into how others think or what they are required to deal with. Let's learn from each other not kill each other.

good post and it makes great senes just one more thing if that "other poster" is going to attempt to use my name that they get it right the name is FLOPEYEMAN not floppy or any thing else!!

• 6 months later...

I think this statement of mine still applies.

Here in Wake County we aren't allowed to deny transport to patient. I can see how benefitical (yet dangerous) it would be to be allowed to deny some patients transport here. However, in a neighboring county they can deny patients. It's frustrating because not only does my agency have to transport even the most ridiculous patients, we have to transport them to hospital in our county and ALL adjacent counties as well. I hate driving 40 miles at 3 in the morning for complete BS.

Here in Wake County we aren't allowed to deny transport to patient. I can see how benefitical (yet dangerous) it would be to be allowed to deny some patients transport here. However, in a neighboring county they can deny patients. It's frustrating because not only does my agency have to transport even the most ridiculous patients, we have to transport them to hospital in our county and ALL adjacent counties as well. I hate driving 40 miles at 3 in the morning for complete BS.

I know I am going to miss being able to deny transport. The service that is about to become my primary requires you to all but kidnap the caller regardless of whats up and take them to the hospital.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.