Blood Stain Removal

dropdeded

I don't know if its too late because you washed it already, but try bleach. Isolate the area that is stained (use a rubber band) and soak just that portion in bleach for a few hours. Try to wash again.

I haven't tried this myself, but might be worth a shot. Mix a bit of water with unseasoned meat tenderizer (which breaks down the protein in the blood) and apply to the area.

Or you can always dye the whole thing red. :)

Good luck.

used to use nappy cleaner ... good soak seemed to work

but JIF as used for cleaning the bath or shower is great!!! will get old blood stains and even grease (motor oil) out and after its been through a wash

just rub some in to offending area and then wash as normal

have had success without fade etc on colours and whites

odd but effective

i use the dry cleaner they get out everything

Exactly. Maybe two bucks a shirt, max, and all your troubles are gone. And you don't look like a slob like all the other people who "wash and wear" their uniforms. Never had a blood stain that the professionals didn't get out, even after several days.

Definitely don't give up though. This is doable. Ever seen a pair of scrubs or a sheet at the hospital with blood stains on it? Nope. So obviously, there is a way. Maybe call up your hospital laundry people, if you are bound and determined to do it yourself.

Exactly. Maybe two bucks a shirt, max, and all your troubles are gone. And you don't look like a slob like all the other people who "wash and wear" their uniforms. Never had a blood stain that the professionals didn't get out, even after several days.

Definitely don't give up though. This is doable. Ever seen a pair of scrubs or a sheet at the hospital with blood stains on it? Nope. So obviously, there is a way. Maybe call up your hospital laundry people, if you are bound and determined to do it yourself.

its a bit more expensive here but all i think about is "its a tax a write off"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.