Question for Employers

emt322632

This is a question for employers. I'm moving to a new area in about 3 months when I finish school. I've contacted 4 or 5 companies in regards to applying with them when I move there. Several have replied back stating they may have openings when I arrive...

My question is, should I submit an application and a resume now, 3 months before I arrive, or wait until a month before I leave...my thoughts are if I apply now, my application is on file, and I can contact them when I arrive or potentially get an interivew now...

Any thoughts from employers?

Here's what I would do from a hiring committee standpoint

Submit your resume 1 month before you go. That way the resume is on file. Then fill out an application when you get in to the area. that way they have your resume on file and if it really piques their interest they might hire you prior to your move.

As an offer to the citizens of the city, I used to work on the hiring committee for several systems. If you would like to send your resume to my email address that you can find in my profile I will look over your resume and send it back to you with comments and suggestions.

The offer is out there. Make the most of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.