EMS Safety

strippel

Have you been assaulted on the job?  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I have been assaulted, and charges were filed.
    • I have been assaulted, no charges have been filed.
    • No, I have not been assaulted.

I've been assaulted by patients 3 times, brought charges on one.

1) Possibly Alzeimer's patient flailing at me while moving him from nursing home bed to streacher (No injuries to me, no charges leveled).

2) Intox male patient punched me in the mouth when I tried putting safety belt on him (I had "fat lip" with a little blood loss, supervisor refused to allow me bring charges against an "english as second language person who probably wouldn't remember the incident on sobering up").

3) Female patient, in cuffs as an arrested perpetrator, with a combination of illegal recreational pharmaceuticals, alcohol, and a face full of NYPD Pepperspray "on board" (Kicked me in the stomach hard enough to propel me halfway across the Emergency Department, charges filed, but not used due to her pleading guilty to the assault of an NYPD Police Officer, resisting arrest, and the original complaint of assaulting her wife).

Note on #3: Female had head full of beads woven into her braids, and my partner and I couldn't get close enough to try rinsing out her eyes due to her flipping her hair. We'd have been whipped to death! On arrival at the ED, my partner and I placed her on the examining table, she jumped off, and we put her back on. This is when she kicked me in the stomach. I took time off work, as a LODI (Line Of Duty Injury) only to make the point that she had assaulted me. Also, the patient's mother filmed the incident, as she had a videocam illegally in the ED, austensibly to film the atrocities being done her daughter by the NYPD (prisoner/patient and mom of a "minority race"). The videocam was removed from the mother by the hospital security officers, and I think the tape was used at the trial

2) Intox male patient punched me in the mouth when I tried putting safety belt on him (I had "fat lip" with a little blood loss, supervisor refused to allow me bring charges against an "english as second language person who probably wouldn't remember the incident on sobering up").

So if I get my buddy Armondo drunk and he beats the hell out of your supervisor, he won't press charges? :?