Going to Court

strippel

Well, today I have to go to court and give a deposition.

I received a subpoena (not fully proper for this county), but legal none the less, and a $25 check.

Over three years ago, there was a horrible fatal accident. Luckily, this case is not in response to the families suing each other. It is the remaining family suing everyone who has ever done service to their vehicle. There are multiple service stations, tire and auto centers, rubber companies, and I think everyone who has ever used a rubber listed as defendants. The family is being represented by a MAJOR bi-costal law firm.

There isn't too much I can say about this, even in the deposition. We were quite busy with one task only. I did not have the joy or writing the PCR.

Last deposition I was at, it was easy. We had one patient, didn't see any others. All questions pertained to the other EMS units, and fire department. I don't think this time I will be so lucky.

I love EMS.

Well, back from my deposition.

It wasn't good, but could have been much worse. Luckily, I was able to defer to my partner's PCR, and he was in line behind me. Unfortunately, we were both delayed over 90 minutes by the coroner's deposition.

It was thoroughly enjoyable pointing at, and marking "X" on pictures of dead children.

As far as the subpoena, it was a technicality.

I can only imagine what it's going to be like when I goto court if the guy I'm charging with his reckless undue care of driving.

If he pleads guilty, I dont have to go, but if he pleads not guilty then I have to goto court.

The officer told me they were also charging him with other related offences, WOW

Well I hope strippel, everything works out for ya. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.