Difference between EMT's and Paramedics video

this was good.

Very articulate person interviewed.

Made me proud to hear what he had to say.

Made it sound like each level of provider was as important as the next.

I don't think this was like Bushy said, i don't think it was a jab at the certs just a overview.

Good post

thanks for posting this.

Is this a statement on nothing or a swipe at something? :?

Nothing nefarious that I could see or read into this post, we assume everyone knows this cause we are in the business, they don't! I thought a great job was done showing it is a TEAM effort, nobody more important then the other, each with a role on the team. That this was on YouTube gave it even more exposure, now I want to go back and see how many times it was viewed...

Thanks for the post Bushy

Good video, but did I hear correctly that they have two EMT-Ps in the response car or van or whatever you want to call the non-transporting vehicle?

If so, that sure seems like a waste. With one EMT-P in the response car they could work in the back with one of the EMT-Bs. I'm sure there are some cases where it would be beneficial to the pt to have two ALS providers in the back, but for the most part wouldn't one be good enough?

I'm assuming that the second paramedic would be available to help on scene but would stay on the SUV to drive it back to wherever they keep it.

But to assist an EMT-P and then drive a response car back to a station you really shouldn't need to be an EMT-P.

That is New Jersey.

New Jersey is different when it comes to EMS.

Ambulances are BLS. There are very few ALS ambulances.

BLS ambulances are either run by municipal governments, or are run Volunteer First Aid Squads, which are "overseen" by the municipal government. Sometimes, municpalities can contract with hospitals or for profit ambulances for service.

Only hospitals can provide ALS, per state law.

ALS "chase" units are staffed by 2 providers, who meet up with the BLS ambulance.

There is currently a political battle in New Jersey. If you know how medicare billing works, it's easy to understand.

Many VFAS and municpal ambulances do not bill. Therefore ALS services who assist them cannot bill. That means there is a lot of uncompensated services being provided by the hospitals.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.