How to get my citizenship in the UK.......

Hey im also considering moving abroad in the distant future, and after reading a lot of posts on here have decided the UK is more of a hassle than i wish to undertake.

Whats the story on Australia and having NREMT-P from the US? Do they accept it over there or do you have to re-do everything like in the UK?

I don't believe that Australia will automatically recognize NREMT-P, other than in a "life experience" capacity. I know the UK certainly won't.

The problem is, many other countries do not provide Emergency Medical Services merely as an extension of a Physician's license. Having ones own license to practice prehospital medicine, without the need for medical control, is a more widespread and progressive means of prehospital care delivery.

I am sure a lot of people may think that the job must be similar worldwide, purely on the basis of the skill set of the average Paramedic (after all, an IV is an IV, and a 12-lead is a 12 lead right?) What is generally overlooked however, are the considerable differences between working independently and working autonomously, not to mention the many other countries which now require degree-level education for entry to the profession. It all boils down to the legal disparity between certification and licensing, as well as the massive limitations of having a "physician-extender" system...something the US seems to have made entirely its own. You may undertsand why the more proactive providers on this forum are calling for a total revamp of the nation's EMS system from the bottom up.

However, if you want something bad enough (and I am using "you" in the generic sense), you would have no worries starting from scratch.

PS The reeeeaaalllllyy hard bit is the work visa and immigration. #-o

• 1 month later...

hi

i have dual citizenship. 2 of my grandparents were born in ireland. my family was / is lucky we still have cousins in ireland they were able to get my grandmom's birth certificate. you need that, marriage license , your birth certificate, your parent or grandparent birth certificate and bunch of other forms. go to the dept. of state website. good luck its a long but well worth process. it took me about 10 months.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.