Sledding Behind the AMR Ambulance

buzzman

So THAT'S what the backboards are for!!!

On a serious note though, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I'm reasonably sure that all the people on the 'snow train' weren't from just one crew......general public maybe?

Someone was clearly heard saying 'We're probably gonna get fired for this!', which tells me that they KNEW that it was not acceptable behavior, and that it was a serious infraction of the rules.

Personal stupidity is one thing, but when you start endangering the general public because you just 'wanted to have some fun' is inexcusable in my personal opinion!

I personally think that all of the EMS crews involved (since they were in identifiable uniform, I'm presuming they were on duty at the time of this incident), would be suspended indefinately without pay while this was investigated. Once the investigation was complete, I would terminate their employment and have them charged under any applicable civil laws that would pertain to this.

And we wonder why we're referred to as 'abulance drivers'!

Ron White said it best......"You can't fix stupid!"

ô¿ô

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpha, that is the reaction I was expecting. A no content answer So are you so wrapped up in your high and mighty that all you have to give is insults.

I asked a legitimate question and you turn to insults. That's mighty professional of ya!!!

I think you are the one who has the issue here.

I did ask for your opinion because you apparantly think that there is nothing wrong with people sledding behind the ambulance on the city streets none the less. Of course its funny but only because we are not the ones gonna get in trouble.

If all you can do is hurl insults then whatever.

You never did give an answer, I guess I expected more but then again you have proven yourself that you cannot do anything but hurl insults. Maybe that's all you are able to do.

See two can play at this game

I have a sense of humor.. You do not. I'm not taking this as a serious infraction of whatever rules, and I'm not concerned for the jobs of those shown.. Because I don't care. At all. Not one bit. It was dangerous, funny, and everything else.. You can worry about.

Does AMR know?

Probably, this video has been around for well over a year. If they don't, I'm sure you will tell them, and point out how bad it makes EMS look, it gives all of us a black eye.. My eyes aren't black.

Shall we kiss and make up, do you want me to kiss your ass for an apology, or will you realize that it's okay to disagree with the opinions of others.. rather than beating your views into them, you just let it go. Insult me. I don't care. :hippy2:

I agree with alpha, who cares? This video was made in January 04 so if action was taken I’m sure it’s all over and done with by now…. No matter how much you go on about it, it doesn’t make any difference to the fact that they did it anyway…

This was written by the poster on youtube:

“During the blizzard of Jan. '04 we got creative at work, strapped 4 backboards together and towed them behind the ambulance. We hit a max speed of 35 mph traveling up a 4 lane road in a city in western MA.”

I don't think I insulted you at all. and no I don't have any intention of kissing your ass and making up.

I always said I thought it was funny but I didn't agree with what they did.

You insulted me first which I have seen that you do on many occasions when you don't have anything better to contribute.

So let's do this, you go your way and I'll go mine. I'll keep posting and you keep posting but we can agree to disagree.

I think it was funny but the people involved were wrong and they need to face whatever consequences that they will face.

I asked a simple question and you made some silly remarks and insults.

I sort of expected as much from you.

But then again, that is what makes America great, anyone can say anything about anyone and get away with it.

Just remember, who insulted who first.