Day in a life of…

Timmy

I just had to start a thread like this. Tell us what happened today at work or what a typical day at work is for you. You can lay it out in any format you want ie a story or time slots.

Have fun.

Pretty uneventful day.

Got in at 0700, checked the truck, and harassed my partner.

Went to breakfast with one of our BLS crews. A very kind patron picked up the tab.

Got dispatched for an unknown problem. A patient with MS called 911 with her mouth dialer. Since the county dispatchers had a hard time understanding her, they feared the worst. Turns out the police broke her door down for nothing. She was fine. She was calling her sister, and the dialer defaulted to 911.

Assist volunteer BLS for an unconscious person at a Amish restaurant. She begrudginly allowed BLS to take her vitals, didn't want ALS to touch her, and refused. She looked pale, and my parter and I were uncomfortable. She and her family still refused.

Assisted our BLS with a hemorrhage. Dialysis patient had graft problems, was in ER on Friday, and signed out AMA during treatment. Woke up from nap bleeding like a stuck pig, lost at least 1500cc. Transient hotel, 4th floor, elevator broken, only one set of stairs. BLS had bleeding controlled and o2. FD helped carry the stairchair through blocked hallways and cluttered stairway. Patient not fully responsive. BP of 80/p trendeleburg on the litter.

Fire marshall's office will be busy on Monday.