Unilead

scottymedic

Hi there all, how are you all? :) Right formalities out of the way, I have been doing some research on the Unilead unit for acquiring a 12 lead ecg. Instead of applying the 10 electrodes, a simple one piece is applied to the patients chest.

Has anyone been involved in trials with these, both pre hospital and in hospital, and what did you think of them? did they reduce artifact? did they provide a good capture rate? and did you find that they lessened time for applying electrodes?

Many thanks and for reference here is the the unilead website for more info.

Unilead Ltd

Scotty :):):):):)

They were trialed in Nova Scotia, I think just in the Industrial Cape Breton area. I wasn't in Industrial at the time so I can't say from personal experience how they are. What I can say is that we don't use them anymore, we use the standard 10 electrodes. From what I've heard they didn't truly fit every patient and didn't stick very well with diaphoretic patients. Anyone from NS use them?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.