Stroke call

EmergencyMedicalTigger

Thanks to everyone for the responses. The only time people get away w/flying medical is if the call is way out in boonies or if you can somehow incorporate trauma into it.

You didn't even need to try to incorporate a trauma situation into this one. She already had it done for you. A stroke/CVA/TIA is a traumatic event to the brain. Problem solved.

Ironically, I went on a acute CVA yesterday, and I too discussed this, being the minority of the group that CVA's should be flown as well if even not more than trauma.

In comparison, the survival rate of CVA's and reduction of damage, in comparison of those in trauma is greatly as well as timed events. The old theory of "blood and guts" are only timed related demonstrates again, that our field medics are not properly educated.

R/r 911

I agree. Flying her was a good call. Sounds like the treating physicians came to the same conclusion.

I don't understand a moratorium on flying medical patients. We fly MI and CVA patients all the time between hospitals. In certain field situations, it's completely appropriate.

'zilla

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.