New TV Commercial

Timmy

My school along with a few others and various people form the different community’s and state government are trying to make a new commercial about Teen Substance Abuse (drugs/alcohol) Just wondering if anyone would like to put forward some ideas on scenes/images we could possibly have and also the music.

So far were thinking along the lines of: kid OD's at a party, someone calls the ambulance, paramedics rush in start CPR/Intubation/I.V/Needles/Tubes coming from very direction all the scary stuff, all his freinds standing around crying. We also want to have a scene with the police and maybe like some rehab,social worker and the lasting effects drugs can have on you.

Any Thoughts??

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, very nicely done!

Where did you guys get the footage of all the accident/rescue stuff? Did you make it for this, or find it in archive? It came out awesome either way.

Also, haha, nice KED job there!

I have no idea were the footage came from. As far as I know from the Traffic Accident Commission (TAC) provided it. It’s all from real situations.

It’s all from real situations.

Goodness. If you mean these are documentary as opposed to staged scenes, then either the producers obtained signed releases from the patients, or privacy concerns where you are differ from what they are in the US, or someone's in trouble, or I've misunderstood something. Or some combination of those possibilities.

Michael- TAC is a government agency so I’m assuming that they’ve followed the law to a ‘T’ and that all legal revenues have been covered. Anyways it’s been on TV for a bout 4 weeks now, no complaints.

I love it. Anything that can be done to try to prevent these accidents are helpful.

I responded to a nasty MVC on Saturday night. I was the 6th car in for a single vehicle rollover into a tree - One car, 6 teenagers, only 1 person wearing a seatbelt = 5 ejected. Two are dead, others serious - Except of course the driver whom I heard was drunk. She had only minor injuries. I was the last crew in and all patients had already been transported except the VSA so I didn't provide patient care, just saw the remains of one of the worst crashes I've come across yet.

1st VSA pronounced on scene, 2nd fatality was conscious while transported, airlifted to the trauma centre where he died.

Please follow the link to my states new TV commercial, in an effort to reduce our road toll.

The window will pop up automatically.

Let me know what you think of it, good or bad?

http://www.46.com.au

I have a question Timmy, with the statistic of 46 severe injuries/fatalities a day. Is this only a small area? or is this all of Australia?

In the US in 2005 there was an average 119 MVC FATALTIES per day. That's not counting severe injuries, just fatalities.

What a big difference...

I have a question Timmy, with the statistic of 46 severe injuries/fatalities a day. Is this only a small area? or is this all of Australia?

In the US in 2005 there was an average 119 MVC FATALTIES per day. That's not counting severe injuries, just fatalities.

What a big difference...

This is just for my state Victoria so 46 serious injuries a day in my state. Last year Victoria’s road toll was 298. This is just figures I’ve pulled off the net so I’m hoping there accurate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.