Need New ACLS guidlines Help!

medic_ruth

You've got to be kidding, right?

The "new" guidelines have been available since November 2005. You can download them from www.americanheart.org

Or, you could purchase the provider manual that goes with the "new" class.

Thanks, Smart-Ass, but if that obvious bit of info had worked for me I wouldn't have posted here. We are still working under the old guidelines in this area and won't be switching over until next January, I just wanted to get a jump on things. Thanks for the "stupid" treatment. please dont post here again.

Anyone who wants to help without the attitude would be more than welcome to send me a message.

Cool your jets.

Ruth, you asked a question and he answered it. He told you exactly where to go find the information you are looking for. A smart ass wouldnt be helpful.

In the same statement of him answering your question, he also informed you in case you were not aware that these are not that new.

You said that bit of information was not helpful, I do not see how as the AHA website is the "go to" place for anything new concerning AHA material. You can also order to your hearts content from there.

If you don't want "smart-ass" comments, don't ask blatantly intelligence impaired questions.

If you looked at all at the AHA site, you would have found what you were looking for. Hell, if you are in such a twist to get the "new" information place a phone call to your local training center and let them do the work for you.

God forbid you have to do some of the work for yourself.

This part was helpfull:

The "new" guidelines have been available since November 2005. You can download them from www.americanheart.org

This was smart ass

You've got to be kidding, right?

and this was the stupid treatment:

Or, you could purchase the provider manual that goes with the "new" class.

Look, AK, I know from reading your posts you are optimistic enough to think that everyone around here is out to be nothing but helpful. Sadly though, I have been encountering people who are not always such. I appreciate your input and will "cool my jets" if you think I need to. In the mean time, I'll have someone else look them up for me since this site and my email is about the hight of my internet surfing. someone around here will be more helpful without making me feel foolish.

If you don't want "smart-ass" comments, don't ask blatantly intelligence impaired questions.

If you looked at all at the AHA site, you would have found what you were looking for. Hell, if you are in such a twist to get the "new" information place a phone call to your local training center and let them do the work for you.

God forbid you have to do some of the work for yourself

And I rest my case.......stupid me, stupid me, stupid me

And, before I put this to rest, I will explain this one thing to AK - last year, we renewed our ACLS cards (I and my crew) we were taught with a 2005 book. now, our medical control is telling us that as of next year the sequences are going to be changing in defibrillation, medications etc.. and that CPR is changing as well. The training officers that we use through the hospital are only telling us that we will be updating with a new class at the first of the year. All I wanted to know was if anyone could help me find these new algorhythms. I am not good at looking stuff up. I just wanted some help. That's all. :crybaby: