VACMAT

Timmy

They suck. Literally. Thus the name. :wink:

Great theory, but the biggest problem is getting your patient onto the thing without a lot of potentially harmful manipulation. About the only good method I have found is to scoop them onto it. But if you're going to do that, why not just leave them on the damn scoop?

And, of course, they bust open, fall apart, and deposit 6 billion little plastic beads everywhere. :roll:

If anybody wants it bad enough to come to Iraq, I'll trade you the one that is gathering dust in the back of our response vehicle.

Well that’s what I thought while watching them, why double handle??

I’m not sure if it makes a different if there going by chopper?

They also fight over equipment lol

About the only good method I have found is to scoop them onto it. But if you're going to do that, why not just leave them on the damn scoop?

If I remember correctly, BLTS (or ITLS I guess?) doesn't like the scoop for SMR... not too sure why though.

We use the scoop all the time for spinal immobilization. Not sure why ITLS has their thing about it.

I'm still trying to figure out where they got this grandiose notion of being an "international" standard.

Was there a UN vote on this that I missed? :roll:

I'm still trying to figure out where they got this grandiose notion of being an "international" standard.

Was there a UN vote on this that I missed? :roll:

Don't worry Dust... I will soon be starting UTLS (Universal Trauma Life Support) and we will allow the scoop for SMR.

I think I will be the best person to head up the organization since after I attend the paramedic academy I will be:

BEorP, EMT-P, PHTLS, AMLS, PALS, ACLS

LMAO! :|

Dude, we should seriously start a school especially for grads of "The Academy" to teach them all the stuff they missed out on by going the "accelerated" route. We could accelerate our class too. Make it three years instead of four! :|

I was once co-teaching a CPR class with a total lay bimbo full-time Red Cross instructor. I was sitting back and just assisting as she was doing the obstructed airway lecture. She grabs her throat with both hands and tells everybody that it is the "international" sign for choking. I quickly spoke up and interjected, "universal." She stopped and looked at me and said, "huh??" I explained to her that it is the UNIVERSAL sign, not the "international" sign. As she stood there with a deer-in-the-headlights look on her face, totally not understanding what I was saying, I added, "Not just on this planet!"

She still didn't get it. :cry:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.