NEW SERVICE STARTING

MEDIC_ONE

Anyone here the owner of a private EMS service? I am the owner of a private als assist service (first response agency) I have recently been approached by an entity about providing the whole nine yards transport and everything. Anyone have any advice. Besides don't do it? Even if you're not an owner, any EMT's have advice? Thanks for your input. :!: :?: :shock:

Where are you located at? I was not aware of any ALS private non-transport? I would definitely, check my finances since Oklahoma (if that is where you are considering) requires a minimal bond ( I believe $1,000,000) to be able to start one. As well, what location and community you are considering. I have the names and email addresses of several EMS managers as well as Oklahoma EMS Operators website, that can assist or give you advice.

There are several communities, in the need of EMS at this time, that wold be great. Be sure to have proper billing as well, as well I have some contacts local that is billing for EMS, at reasonable price and has a good return percentage.

R/r 911

Get capable personnel under you that you can trust. Once they are in place delegate most things to them. Give them some autonomy to make the decisions that are necessary. Finally, get them educated on how to manage people. It is the biggest issue with most current EMS managers. They are never given the education they need to be successful.

Might consider having someone in your organization become very familiar with the regulatory issues that you will run into. This may well be you for a while, but you will be wanting to punt this job fairly quickly.

Good luck.

Anyone have any advice. Besides don't do it?

:lol: You sure preempted everybody with that one!!

Before you hire anybody else, hire two lawyers. Hire both a corporate law attorney and a medical attorney.

And, of course, if you can't afford two good lawyers, you can't afford to start up an EMS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.