To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

hi I'm medicstudent1256 EMT-I (medic student :wink: ) from MA....36 year old female i have been in EMS for 17 years and am FINALLY taking the leap to paramedic....am i insane? New to site hello everyone.... :lol:

Welcome to the site. Congrats on going on to paramedic. I'm an old fart that is in Paramedic school to. Never to late.

[/font:fc484b997a]hey ive been a member for quite some time now...finally getting around to getting active. Im a 26 year old EMT-P from southern Illinois. ive been in ems since '99. i've worked in just about every facet of EMS except for Fire based. Im currently working for 2 different private services. I love EMS and cant see myself doing anything else.

hello all. I am a 20 year veteran of the fire service. I have been lucku enough to to do this in WV (where I'm from and where I live now) LA (2yrs) and TX(<1yr before Hurricane Rita). I have had my EMT-B for a while now and started Paramedic class in August and scheduled to graduate in August 08. Kinda funny that for the last 16 yrs of my life has been spent turning wrenches for a living as a mechanic(auto, truck, heavy equipment) and decided that I was sick of it and renewed my EMT and went work full time as an EMT all the while taking a pay cut but loving it.

Just want to say hello from North Carolina. Been in ems for 3 years and wish I would have happened upon this site sooner. Currently an "I" with 3 weeks remaining in my paramedic class. Worried about the exam... I run about 600 calls a year on a paramedic level ambulance. I work for a municipal fire/rescue dept. I really enjoy this line of work. Thanx for having me. It's comforting to know that there are others stressing out about the paramedic test.

Thats all for now Stay safe out there

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My name is Eric, I currently live in northern PA near the state line with NY. I work with a paid ambulance service that provides both BLS and ALS service to a two state area, been here for about a year and a half as a EMT-B (dual state certification) and plan on starting a paramedic class in the next year or so. I also have been a volunteer with my fire department for almost 16 years, which we also run EMS there (BLS assist to the local ALS ambulance service) so i've been doing this for quite a while now I guess...lol

[/font:b5fb9c1ee3] Hi, My name is Melissa and I work as a dispatcher/office manager/medical billing for a SC convalescent company, newly opened as of 3 months. I hear a lot of what the guys say when they are responding to calls and thought this would be the site to give me some insight to their end of the business. I truly enjoy this site. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.