Equipment Failure

Timmy

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with equipment when your with a patient.

We just recently got some new gear from ferno (stretcher and 02 reg) First time we had the new gear out on the truck it broke on the same patient lol. 1. We had the patient on the stretcher and it wouldn’t go in the back of the ambo no matter how hard we tried. We ended up collapsing it and then lifting the guy in the back (not good on the back) 2. the 02 regulator didn’t work, I even pulled it apart checked it and put it back on the cylinder, still didn’t work. By this time the patient was just a little angry with us lol. Not bagging out ferno, I love there products must have been a bad day for them lol. But its all fixed now!! :D

I've had a ferno gurney that had problems locking. It would act like it locked into position when you raised or lowered it, but every once in a while it wouldn't catch properly. We ended up dropping one patient straight down from a little lower then waist high. No harm came to the patient.

I had a LP12 montior fail on me during a cardiac arrest. The monitor wouldn't sense the leads (even after changing the electrodes), so I was unable to pace the patient after getting pulses back. It was very frustrating since this was the same monitor I had been using all shift. In the middle of the call the "service" light came on as well. There really is all kinds of additional paperwork to fill out when you experience a "critical equipment failure." Had to fill out company forms, phsyio forms and state forms about the call. I was safe because I had my monitor test passed printout from the start of the shift showing that I did make sure I had a properly functioning monitor.

Shane

NREMT-P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.