EMS True-isms

bbbrammer

1) If you say "slow" or "quiet" you will run all day

2) If you don't take a nap, you will run all night

3) Turning on the shower or taking off your shoes tells the pager gods to call you

4) You will get a call 10 minutes before you are supposed to meet someone

5) If you wait to clean your truck until you get to the station, you will get called before you make it back

6) What you don't restock on your truck you will need on the next call

7) If you don't know where something is, you will need it on the next call

8) If you wash your truck, your next call will be on a dirt road or it will rain

9) Don't plan on sleeping-that guarantees that you won't

10) There really are shit-magnets out there, and you will probably be working with them next shift

I would also add, use the toilet every 30 minutes while awake whether you need to or not. Its not fun having to wonder off into thte bushes at an MCI.

I have also been curious....what do various folks do when you need to answer the call at a scene? I know it sounds stupid and I havent run into the problem yet but I am curious...

Around here, we have the "student curse". Any crew that has a student rider will have 1 or 2 calls the whole shift. No matter how long the shift is.

But as soon as the student leaves........ :shock: :shock: :shock:

We call it 'third-rider syndrome'

I would also add, use the toilet every 30 minutes while awake whether you need to or not. Its not fun having to wonder off into thte bushes at an MCI.

I have also been curious....what do various folks do when you need to answer the call at a scene? I know it sounds stupid and I havent run into the problem yet but I am curious...

Nextel phones have what I call the "F-you" button. It will send the call to voice mail. If I am on a run, I hit the "F-you" button. I don't answer my phone on calls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.