Helpful Tips for Paramedic School

nremt3138

Hi. I'm starting Paramedic school next week and I was wondering if there were any seasoned medics out there with some good tips. I've been a Basic for 3 years and I'm a member of our local VFD so I've run quite a few calls in the last 3 years. But now there will be alot more responsibility as far as patient care. The decisions I make in the field can mean the difference in someone dying or living. That is why I want to do well in class and be confident when I start working as a Paramedic. I'm sure that will come with time and experience but having a place like this to discuss it with others is great. I appreciate any help that any of you can give.

Future Medic in NC

The search function is your friend. This very subject has been discussed at length previously.

I will suggest that you lower your visions of grandeur a bit. For the most part, paramedics prolong suffering more than we save lives. If you are a good BLS provider, you've got most of the paramedics in the nation beat. An ALS provider just has more options than a BLS provider has. If you don't learn when to use the right tool, then you haven't really learned anything.

Good luck to you.

Plus 5 for getting into school.

Minus five for not using the search function. There must be at least twenty topics already here asking the very same question. If you're serious, it won't take you long to find them, and they will be of big help to you!

Best of luck in school.

It is all how good you want to be.. if you want to be comparable with others, just occasionally rad the assignments, half ass the clinicals and labs.. and yes, you will do fine and even pass the certification exam... However; if you really want to do well and know what the heck you are dong, plan on spending some time at the library, study at least an additional 4-6 hours on lit review and an extra 2-3 hours on skills...

Good luck!

R/r 911

What! We have a search function? Imagine that! :D

I recently created a MySpace group called "Medics2Medics" or something like that. If you'd like to join, look me up! No one has posted anything, but you could always be the first!

Without knowing of the existance of a search option, one would be less likely to use it. In my case, I obtained the useful knowledge of fellow users of this forum to help me in my pursuit of greater learning. In other words, I found the search option. Thanks.

Without knowing of the existance of a search option, one would be less likely to use it.

Those who actually read the Terms Of Service that they agree to when they sign up for this board DO know about the search option. It's written in there.

Here's Helpful Tip Number One: ALWAYS read the directions.

Those who do not read directions should seriously consider another field. Preferably something that doesn't involve human lives.