Nervous about my first day of Paramedic class

emtkelley

I start on 8/22 and am very nervous. I realize everyone goes through this and I have no doubts but I just need to vent a bit and hopefully get a few pointers. I am picking my book up on Thursday and plan on spending the weekend getting a few chapters read and becoming acquainted with the material. Any thoughts or advice will be greatly appreciated!:)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kelley,

I would spend the weekend just relaxing, maybe go out with friends. This may be the last chance you will get. Medic class is unlike anything that you have ever done including any Basic class you ever took. Plan on spending 1-2 hours studying for every hour in class. Plus clinical and lab time. It will be worth it when you are done.

Much love and Respect

Joshua

I would suggest not getting ahead of yourself. it will be very tempting to start reading your medic text and then jumping around or ahead of your syllabus....

just read assigned chapters ,and try to study for your next test or quiz...... module or whatever...

good luck

My class starts on 8/22 also. I am not worried about class.

We got our books a few weeks ago, and have already read the assignments.

I am worried about keeping up reading and assignments.

Yeah, just relax. Enjoy your last weekend of freedom. You'll have plenty of time to read assignments but don't read ahead. It'll just frustrate you more if you start reading ahead. Plus, make sure you understand what's been assigned to you before proceeding to the next section.

I'm sure you'll do just fine but don't worry so much you develop an ulcer over it.

Good luck and feel free to ask any of us questions along the way.

The first day of class is typically spent getting you oriented to what the program will expect. Grades, interactions, layout of the facility, etc. Be sure to ask any questions you have. It is the only way your instructor will know what needs clarified.

Good luck to you.

Hi Kelley,

I would spend the weekend just relaxing, maybe go out with friends. This may be the last chance you will get. Medic class is unlike anything that you have ever done including any Basic class you ever took. Plan on spending 1-2 hours studying for every hour in class. Plus clinical and lab time. It will be worth it when you are done.

Much love and Respect

Joshua

Yeah- enjoy your last weekend of no studying! I haven't had one since January... so take it from me- go out, have fun, relax, and just have a great laid-back weekend. You'll miss 'em when they're gone! :(

Hi, My first day of paramedic class is 8/21, I am also nervous, but know this is what I truly want, and I have come to have faith in myself to give it my all. I just wanted to say good luck to you and if you ever need to vent about class, since we are both going through it, give me a shout..... pacerman13170@yahoo.com

take care and once again, good luck

dave

Yes! I'm not the only one then! My class starts 8/31 and I'm totally freaking out! If you ever need anything or wanna talk about class... send me a PM or a message on yahoo/aim.

Yes go out and enjoy yourself. I have been in paramedic school since march and have yet to go out with my friends since we started. Study hard and read alot on your own. Enjoy your last weekend for awhile, but it will all be worth it in the end. Good luck