Sick Call

chbare

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chbare Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:09 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medic 429, you nearly go it, good thinking. JackMaga, you nailed it. This guy has Toxocariasis, a type of round worm infection.

Italy rulez 8)

Very good scenario chbare! Very refreshing since it involves both pre and in hospital elements, I really like that!

I wonder how do you create them! You must have both a fervid imagination and the whole Harrison's stocked in your mind! :)

I am glad that people are finding this scenario interesting. JackMaga, nearly all of my scenarios are of actual patients. I do have to change some of the specifics and details to help guide people toward a diagnosis. (ie; the "dogs keeping me up all of the time" comment and the asking if "my time out in the field could make me sick" comment, and making sure to give some of the classic indications of an illness/injury) In addition, I have to create a patient response to a treatment that may not have been given in the actual patient or visa versa and try to tailor the scenario toward an EMS provider.

Take care,

chbare.