Reading level of EMS textbooks

xlq771

I have been told that the reading level of EMT-Basic textbooks is at the Grade 8 level. What is the reading level of the latest editions of EMT-Intermediate and Paramedic textbooks? How about the Brady/Pearson Canadian PCP/ACP textbook?

I have been told that the reading level of EMT-Basic textbooks is at the Grade 8 level. What is the reading level of the latest editions of EMT-Intermediate and Paramedic textbooks? How about the Brady/Pearson Canadian PCP/ACP textbook?

Might as well write it in crayon and add a books on tape feature. Only medical course that could be taught by third grade children is from those books, because they are written for their age bracket.

...and most of the students these days seem to be operating below said bracket.

PRPG

Wow PRPG, you seem to have lost your feeling of kumbyyah.

To answer the question, ALS level texts are written at anywhere from 9-11th grade level. Even worse, the subject matter has been denigrated to the point it sometimes feels like it was conceived by the same people that brought you "Steamboat Willy".

The students are another matter altogether. Let someone else start that thread.

Wow PRPG, you seem to have lost your feeling of kumbyyah.

To answer the question, ALS level texts are written at anywhere from 9-11th grade level. Even worse, the subject matter has been denigrated to the point it sometimes feels like it was conceived by the same people that brought you "Steamboat Willy".

The students are another matter altogether. Let someone else start that thread.

1. Yes, I lost my kumbyyah. But...there a silver lining. Its summer. you know what summer brings?

CampKumByYah.jpg

Yes kids, camp kumbyyah, home of the rejuvenation, proclamation, delineation of the prolatin of improvin kumbyyah. PRPG tested, and approved.

Dial 1-800-kum - byah Operators standing by...

2.) EMS student aptitude AZCEP is the reason the books are written so poorly, and have so many pictures. If EMS was taught efficiently at a college level, they would be written to that level...

Perhaps college level classes should be taught at a college level as well. Undergrad courses (especially core) had to be dumbed down to a rediculously low level for the majority of the students to grasp the material.