A different scenario for you.

I usually leave all my trash, flip over some furniture sometimes break a window just so everybody knows not to call 911 at 3am lol.......god im funny. you know those bags the saline comes in they make great trash bags. Our first in bag has a sharps box and a lined trash compartment....probably meant for somthing else but we use it for trash. I am a neat freak thats just me.

Personally I am all for job security for the FD. They must be useful to justify their existence. I leave as much trash as possible strewn around as many places as possible. The family sees the FD cleaning it up and their PR ratings soar even higher. YAY!

Your mother could have been in cardiogenic shock/beta blocker OD, or other potentially life threatening condition. As I am sure you are aware since you did activate 911. I would inform your family that perhaps the paramedics who responded were concerned with your mothers well-being, so had there priorities all messed up wanting to get her out of the house rather then make sure they left everything spic and span. Possibility?

This reminds me of a story……………. A pt called 911 and was transported to the hospital. She was discharged several hours later and returned home with instructions from the Dr to return if symptoms returned or increased in severity. Pt calls 911 later the same day and the same crew picks her up. They are less then cordial, possibly even implying that this pt is abusing or misusing the system. Pt arrives at the hospital....yadda yadda....it turns out Dr. made critical omission in his assessment of this pt. One could even say that this Dr had been negligent in his care. Guess what!? That’s right, this crew received a complaint about there behaviour towards the pt and were severely spanked. The Dr? He went about his marry way, without a slap on the wrist or a mark on his record. The moral of the story? I’m not sure. 8)

I keep an 8-10 gallon trash bag in my ALS box and use it to clean up trash on scenes. It comes in especially handy on codes when you have a mess of trash scattered all around you. You can quickly pile it all in the bag and take it with you, not leaving a mess behind. And as others have mentioned, it's just good manners, nobody wants your trash.