The Polyheme blood substitute trial should wrap up shortly

Polyheme who???  

19 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yep, I've heard about it.
    • Nope, never heard of such a thing

• 2 weeks later...

So, as was questioned above, what's your point?

You'll forgive my cynicism, but are you on the payroll of the labs funding this study to keep it fresh in our minds? Because you keep posting but you've yet to say anything. Sure you can cite articles calling people guinea pigs. Sure you've been following this for however long. But you've not yet said anything.

So how much are they paying you?

-be safe.

Pardon me. I'm not sure why I should respond to such rudeness from a snotty nosed little brat who thinks he owns the posting rights to a public message board, but I will. Why SHOULD I forgive your cynicism. Apparently the USA Today thought the content of the article was enlightening and important enough to include in their publication. Some folks may learn something from reading it. Open your mind and consider the possible profound effect that a successful oxygen therapuetic would bring to the world of emergency medicine. I think the article speaks for itself. I am not one to IMPOSE my views on other folks. I offered the article, take it or leave.

Pardon me. I'm not sure why I should respond to such rudeness from a snotty nosed little brat who thinks he owns the posting rights to a public message board, but I will. Why SHOULD I forgive your cynicism. Apparently the USA Today thought the content of the article was enlightening and important enough to include in their publication. Some folks may learn something from reading it. Open your mind and consider the possible profound effect that a successful oxygen therapuetic would bring to the world of emergency medicine. I think the article speaks for itself. I am not one to IMPOSE my views on other folks. I offered the article, take it or leave.

KRJ.

1.) Your new here, remember that

2.) A look at your posts makes me wonder if you are on some sort of payroll. I looked through some old emails today from an old email address, where you even emailed me for my opinion on the matter. Off the boards. You sure you arent working for the makers of Polyheme?

3.) Post a bit more on something besides polyheme, and profound cynics like Mike and others wouldnt wonder quite as much.

Take this as a fair warning for the future.

Pardon me. I'm not sure why I should respond to such rudeness from a snotty nosed little brat who thinks he owns the posting rights to a public message board, but I will.

And resort to name calling at the same time? All in result to a legitimate question? Who claimed to own posting rights to a message board? In fact, I asked you to further explain your purpose. Far from trying to prevent further posts.

Why SHOULD I forgive your cynicism.

Is this a question? Punctuation was taught in first grade.

Apparently the USA Today thought the content of the article was enlightening and important enough to include in their publication. Some folks may learn something from reading it.

Sure. They might learn how to write an article that can't hold a single thought for more than a paragraph or two at a time. College journalism classes teach aspiring reporters to write at a 7th grade level just so people can understand. It seems that this is just the perfect reading level for you.

Open your mind and consider the possible profound effect that a successful oxygen therapuetic would bring to the world of emergency medicine.

I have. However, until the study is released detailing results there is little to discuss. Speculate until the cows come home if you like. But that was my point. You're going on and on about what a great thing this is. But you've said nothing other than you've got these great articles on a study that's not completed. Back to my original question...what's the point?!

I think the article speaks for itself. I am not one to IMPOSE my views on other folks. I offered the article, take it or leave.

Sure you are! That's why you've posted over and over and over and over again on what a great thing this is! That's why you've said that this will herald unprecedented changes in the world of prehospital trauma care.

However, I tend not to rely on the Urban, tabloid media for my news. I tend towards more reputable news sources.

How about this. We all know you're terribly excited about a product that has not yet been proven to work. Since the study will soon be ending, why not just wait until the results are released? Then a discussion based on how great this product really is can be hashed out in all sorts of gory detail. That way, too, we'll be able to sit and actually look at hard evidence from this particular study to debate just how good or how bad this product was for the patients who received it.

Seems I remember something about the autopulse being the greatest thing to EMS since sliced bread, too. And that study was halted. Wait for solid results before spouting off.

And if you want to result to name calling in response to a legitimately posted question then go back to second grade. I'm sure you'll fit in quite nicely there.

-be safe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.