Cardiology books\downloads to help advance knowledge

They do! But Dubin gave that car away to a lucky reader a few years ago.

• In 2001, Jeffrey Seiden, a third-year medical student at Yale University, was studying his electrocardiography textbook when he happened upon the following message tucked away in the book's copyright notice:

Congratulations for your perseverance. You may win the car on page 46 by writing down your name and address and submitting it to the publisher.

Dr. Dale Dubin had inserted the note into his 50th printing of his "Rapid Interpretation of EKGs," putting his classic Thunderbird up for grabs. Of the 60,000 who last year bought the book containing the offer, only five spotted the hidden message and contacted the publisher with news of their find. The five names were placed in a hat, and Jeffrey Seiden's was chosen at random. The 1965 Thunderbird convertible was delivered to him on 4 December 2001 by Dubin's daughter, who drove it to Seiden's school.

That was so cool of him, kudos to Dr. Dubin. Yeah, I would of loved to have that car too. But then again with price of gas, I bet it hurts to pull that bomber up to the pumps.

I just noticed something else while flipping through this book, my handwriting was much better before I became a Paramedic. :lol:

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

there is another book by a woman cannot remember the name but it is by far the most thorough and indepth book on cardiology geared towards paramedics and nurses that I've found.

Was it a Nancy Caroline book Ruff?

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.