To school or not to school that is my question

mobey

WOAH WOAH WOAH peoples! If you actually read my post, you would see I clearly stated that I would encourage anyone capable of going straight to medic to do so.

My anaology of Mt. Everest is based on the attitude of most Ontario medics as demonstrated by vs-eh. (no offense intended buddy)

What I was trying to impress is that within Canada, or atleast Ontario, anyone going straight from BLS to ALS will encounter probably one of the most uphill struggles they ever will have to climb in their life. If they can accomplish that (meaning dealing with their colleagues whilc concentrating on their new-found knowledge and responsibilities) then any call they can come across shouldn't pose much of a problem.

Again, I reiterate, I would encourage anyone to go straight into ACP, ALS or 'paramedic' school ASAP.

peace

When you straddle the fence, you eventually get splinters. Having said that, I agree that a certain time frame is appropriate for the EMT-B desiring to get their "P" should take as much time as necesary to fill out their forms, give more thought as to if this is what the want to do, work while going to school, and the time required to get through school. I'm sure that somewhere at the end of this rainbow there is a pot of gold. For some, it will be in the form of the coveted Paramedic Certification, for others it may very well be the realization that they are not cut out for this business or that being a Paramedic is NOT what they are cut out for. Any way that it goes should be based on the individual, not a policy or "Unwritten Law" that someone with only two brain cells functioning came up with.

Those are usually the "Dinosaur" types that Dust and I have encountered when we were young snot nosed Basics, that said gloves were for "Sissies". It is high time that we abandoned the archaic way of looking at things and how we do things. I blinked and I'll be 40 in August. How did that happen, when just yesterday, I was putting my hand up and swearing into the Army. That's just my two cents.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.