Have you tried cell phone GPS tracking

I've been thinking to install the newly introduced Nav4All on my cell phone recently, my friend told me it's a very convenient navigation software, it only requires your GPRS cell to have Bluetooth function, so it can be connected with a GPS signal receiver to triangulate your position, utterly simple to maneuver, yet I just don't know, will the excess usage of Bluetooth significantly shorten the life of my battery? How often do I have to recharge? Does anyone here have some hands-on experience about this?

I don't have that technology on my phone, so I can'te tell you about battery life...

One of my partners has it, and it works fairly well. There's a bit of a lag as the phone sends and recieves signals, so sometimes if there are a lot of roads very close together it has trouble telling you exactly when to turn, but for the most part it's quite useful. If you were walking it would be fine, but becuase you're going a lot faster in an ambulance every so often you have to stop and turn around becuase the street passed between in one of theose "lag" moments.

Someone else I work with has a dash-mounted one which is absolutely amazing - unfortunately they're quite expensive and aren't nearly so portable as a cell phone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.