Help! Visiting a kindergarten class tomorrow

I didn't list hooking them up to the monitor, b/c those things HURT when they come off!

I was playing with the monitor during my clinicals seeing how slow and how fast I could get my HR (yes, I'm easily amused by stuff like that) and a call came out. I had to go to the next call still wearing the electrodes b/c they were too hard to take off (read: hurt too much to take off).

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't list hooking them up to the monitor, b/c those things HURT when they come off!

I was playing with the monitor during my clinicals seeing how slow and how fast I could get my HR (yes, I'm easily amused by stuff like that) and a call came out. I had to go to the next call still wearing the electrodes b/c they were too hard to take off (read: hurt too much to take off).

Actually...it's not bad. First of all, they don't have hair. Secondly...the first kid you stick them on is the one who gets it the worst, and I just peel slowly. Thereafter, just because this is only for fun anyway, I re-use the pads. Therefore, with each kid, they still stick because of the lack of hair, but they don't stick "as well" as if they were new, so they stay on well enough to provide a "picture" for them, but are easy to remove as they lose their stickiness.

It works very well...

xoxoxo

Luv, 8

I took a little bit of everyone's advice (minus the foley tray, of course). I survived, the kids came out unscathed, and as far as I can tell, I didn't let the entire EMS community down. At one point we did have twenty kindergartner's in the BACK of the rig for a photo op -- that was kind of wild.

The next day my son came home with twenty "Thank you" cards... It was very sweet. His teacher really has her hands full, I know I appreciated them. My supervisor has them now...

Thank you to everyone... I was able to relax a little bit and enjoy it for what it was.

Pictures on Monday, if anyone wants to see the chaos. :)

April

Of course we want to see the chaos! Truth is, if you actually followed everyone's advice (minus Foley tray) and still survived, you are a natural teacher! 20 curtainclimbers in one rig? I think you deserve a medal - an EMTCity Official Citation for bravery in the face of ....well.. children!

Glad it went well - will eagerly wait for the pics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.