My first working code

Yeah, it never seems like you have enough room or AC in the ambulance during a code.

DEFINITELY not enough AC!! My partner always teases me and says that by the time we reach the hospital, I'm half naked. LMAO!! :lol: Thank goodness for being able to dress in layers. The clothes usually go flyin....I don't work well when I'm hot...

xoxo

Its understandable. The truth is that no matter how powerful that lunch box of life is, no matter how hard you push, and no matter how fast you drive, that code that was last seen alive 30 minutes ago and is now sitting there in asystole is dead. 99/100 patients won't respond and survive to discharge is even worse. You might as well get improve you're skills for a patient that you can help.

Inncidently, this is the same reason why you don't want to go to a teaching hospital in July...

DEFINITELY not enough AC!! My partner always teases me and says that by the time we reach the hospital, I'm half naked. LMAO!! :lol: Thank goodness for being able to dress in layers. The clothes usually go flyin....I don't work well when I'm hot...

xoxo

Get yourself a medic student! I love having ALS students during a code, then I can pluck myself in the jump seat (conveniently located directly below the a/c i might add :D ) once the patient is intubated and monitor my students progress while ventilating... haha... are you SURE you want to give atropine to this PEA arrest at 120?

peace

Hey Sarge--don't make the same mistake twice regarding not talking about a bad call. Always talk about things that bother you otherwise it will eat you alive and you will never survive in medicine. To many people let it get to them and they go home and drink or kick the dog or worse. You did your best and that is what's important. Some day you will have a save and that will make it all worth while.

Live long and prosper.

Spock

I realized the mistake after the first one, thats why I am vent here. Have not had a chance to talk with anyone at the station. No one was around when I was dropped off at the station when it was all over. I should be going by tonight and I am sure someone will ask.

Spell check unavailable

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.