NR Status

Are you Nationally Registered?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I am NR.
    • No, I am not NR.

Techmedic:

An update on some of the info you posted. I just received my Maine license in the mail. The whole process took about 5 months (no fault of Maine EMS, though. Some of the paperwork needed to go through my current office of EMS and they're just incompetent). It did cost me $65 for the paperwork shuffle and application fees and blah blah blah. Other than that it was fairly painless.

Massachusetts has some goofy thing re: practicals. It has something to do based on where you took your initial test. If there were practicals involved and your state of origin signs off on it I don't think you need to do the practicals regardless of how long ago you took them. At least I didn't have to take them. And the computer based exam wasn't too bad. My card doesn't say "license" on it, though...only "certification number..." What did I miss?

I went for Maine as I applied for a few jobs up there and could see myself living there. I did the Mass process only because of a girl. The subsequent search for employment in Mass made me realize that the Commonwealth of Mass is really f**ked up when it comes to EMS. As such, I really have no desire to work there.

Just some observations.

-be safe.

I did the Mass process only because of a girl. The subsequent search for employment in Mass made me realize that the Commonwealth of Mass is really f**ked up when it comes to EMS. As such, I really have no desire to work there.

So are the girls of Mass.

Consider yourself lucky to have discovered both before it was too late! :wink:

Maine, has their own way of things. Not 100% sure, but I believe they use their own exams, for their own State certificate. Licensure is the certificate itself. If you have NREMT, you only need to complete a paperwork shuffle that lasts about 2-3 months. Certificate shuffle: Free of charge

Paramedics and Basics who are nationally registered are given reciprocity in Maine. Intermediates who are nationally registered with the 1995 curriculum are not. Maine only accepts the 1999 Intermediate curriculum.

Everything else you said was more or less correct. :wink:

In South Carolina you test inital through NR then yuou can recert NR or state your choice. They have made it where NR is the easiest way. you can come from out of state with NR paramedic and get cert. no test done.

Ga is just as easy from out of state 75.oo and NR, ACLS, BLS, Driver License, and a photo presto 2-3 weeks later Georgia Paramedic

They also test NR

I think SC and GA are trying to make it as easy as possiable because almost every agency in these states is short handed.

we have 8 open medic or emt slots now.... for us that is 3 times the normal number..

www.bcgov.net/ems

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.