lifepack 12 vs. zoll

The company I work for is considering moving from life pack 12 without the b/p module or etco2 to the zoll monitor with all the bells and whistles. I was wondering pros's and cons of the zoll or life pack. I have been using the lifepack as long as I can remember and know life pack seems to be the standard.

It's the standard simply because most administrators -- like most paramedics -- don't have the imagination or originality to do anything different than what they've always done. Until a few years ago, Lifepak was about the only option, but things have changed drastically now. Lifepak still leads the market simply because of name recognition and lazy administrators. It certainly isn't because they have the best products. The Lifepak (both the monitor-defibrillator and the AED) is at the bottom of the list of good products.

This has already been cussed and discussed at length in an earlier topic or two, the most complete one being this:

About 2 years ago, we tested the Zoll, Phillips, and LP12. The staff and management voted for Phillips, but we got LP12.

All of our hospitals have Medtronics, transfer of care is easier.

Medtronic threw in 2 of the fax receiver stations for hospital 12 lead transmission.

Very competitive pricing on LP12, full bells and whistles (10+).

Hugely decreased cost of consumables.

Lots of free education.

All other services in the county either have old LP12, or are buying new.

Service is good, and support is great.

We got LP12, and have been happy.

Why not call the LP rep and trade in for the model with all the bells and whistles??

I have used both the Zoll and LP fully loaded and personally the only difference I can say about them is our unwillingness as humans to accept change. They both did the job equally as well. Neither one affected pt care in a negative way. You just have to practice with the new model to get comfortable. I find them both to be user friendly and easy to use in critical situations.

I agree with AK...they both do a fine job(LP and Zoll), although I have not had the experience with the new zoll with the bluetooth technology. Seems that one might think the LP is the standard because there are alot of them in the field, one might speculate they have better salesmen LOL.

Ask your service rep to upgrade your LP12. Same capability as the Zoll, and it will be much cheaper.

Also, consider the other devices that you will be intermingling with. If you interchange with hospitals and other providers, being able to do so without having to remove the equipment from the patient will make it much easier.

Also, consider the other devices that you will be intermingling with. If you interchange with hospitals and other providers, being able to do so without having to remove the equipment from the patient will make it much easier.

I'm not sure I understand what y'all are talking about here. Electrodes? Pads?

Electrodes are universal. Pad adapters are fifteen bucks. And if the hospital doesn't want to spend fifteen bucks for a couple of adapters, why should we care if they have to replace the defib pads on all their patients. I just don't see what concern any of this is to EMS.

Dust, what I think he meant was like for first responder services.

Its easier to all have the same equipment...

For example, if they have a physio control AED and place the pads prior to your arrival, you can switch them to your monitor withour removing the pads and then resticking your own.

If they have Zoll AED, the pads are not interchangeable with the LP. Realistically, this doesnt happen that often but it is a good idea to have all on the same page I think.

I know it is partially the cost for the lifepack 12 with all the whistles they say it will cost 3000 per unit (14 units) to upgrade and the lifepacks are about to be replaced with more lifepacks or ? zoll. Our lifepacks have been on the road for about 8 or 9 years now we were the first in CT to do the upgrade from the 11.

I also agree that it may be the astigmatism of change that has everyone in a uproar.

In re guard to the zoll quick pads there is an adapter to use medtronics quick pads because I have seen the monitor with the medtronic pads just have not had opportunity to use it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.