OLYMPUS RIPS EMT's

This got my blood boiling and it should yours too!

Olympus (the camera people) has a new TV commercial out. It begins with two clearly identified EMT's (not associated with fire) responding to a downed motorcyclist. The patient is in a supine position on the ground and the EMT's are beginning to examine him, when the EMT on the right side of the screen suddenly finds a new model Olympus camera on the patient. The EMT looks at his partner, then both of them glance around to make sure that no one is looking and then proceeds to steal the camera from the patient by taking the camera and putting it in his uniform jacket. This is followed by a few more glances around to supposedly ensure that the theft has gone unnoticed and the commercial ends there. This commercial aired on Comcast on April 24Th. It has high production value, so quite a bit of money was spent on making it. Olympus would never have dared to this commercial featuring firefighters, nurses or cops.

Here's what you can do to. Call Olympus at 1(631) 844-5000, ask to be transferred to the PR dept. and voice your outrage at this commercial. feel also free to contact the media, local and national. (FOX's Bill O'Reilly loves stuff like that).

When I called Olympus, they refused to furnish me with Mr. Gumz (president/CEO) email or phone number.

Sincerely, Hugo