What do you do to keep skills current?

I used to go to the NY ER site. That had scenarios if I'm not mistaken. I'll need to check out trauma.org after drill weekend.

Ridryder, sounds like you are always reviewing for something or doing it with 100 hours a week. I really like to teach. I will probably do that once my para and all the certs are done. That seems like a really good way to stay with the material without it becoming too mundane.

I average 134 jobs a month. That's enough for me.

PALS and ACLS every 2 years, PHTLS every 3. ALS Skillsfest every 6 months for the things we don't do that often.

I am suscriber to JEMS and EMS Magazine, and considering the Journal of Emergency Medicine. And I browse the Web every day.

Then there are the classes I teach, CPR, ACLS, PHTLS, PALS, PHTLS, TNCC, etc..... so teaching at least once to twice a month, I have to review material and practice my skills.

R/R 911

Hey rid.... what's the difference between PHTLS and..... PHTLS????? Overly fond of acronyms? :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.