Demerol vs. Morphine

tunnelrat83

Which do you prefer to ask for Diazapam or Morphine  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• Demerol
    • Morphine Sulfate
    • Don't like asking for pain meds

I would highly recommend that you talk to your GP and/or Neurologist about changing your diet, I would also recommend that you talk to them about trying a preventative medication such as Inderal.

You might want to talk to your GP about trying some anti-inflammatory medications. I know that some people have had good success with taking Aspirin with 10 to 20 mgs of Reglan. You could also try taking Aleve with Reglan or try taking Excedrin Migraine which is ASA, Tylenol & Caffeine along with either Dramamine or Reglan.

I am not sure what they have in Canada, but you could also try using any of the abortive anti-migraine medications.

You also might want to talk to your Neuro about having either a CT Scan and possibly an MRA.

Good Luck,

This has been an interesting read. Here we carry Morphine, Valium, & Versed. I like morphine best as it is most useful in a variety of situations. Valium is usually restricted to seizure Pts. As for the versed. presedation for cardioversion on alert Pts.

In Re to the Migraine Issue. I have theme myself 2ndary to severe TMJ. I get relief with Demerol....but I think it has more to do with the underlying problem of the TMJ than the migraine its self. Also...I have a question. Last time I got am Im injection My whole glute as well as lower back & upper thigh hurt horribly! I am wondering if RN may have caught a nerve! I was given 25mg promethazine & 50mg Demerol. Any Ideas?

Interestingly, here in Montgomery county we have alot of options for pain management: We have Morphine, we recently got Nitrous, and now we have Fentanyl.....I am told the fentanyl should be a good option for us as it is reported to have a smaller effect on pt BP.

Wouldn't have mattered what I had last night either way, I had an obvious drug seeker who beeeeeeeggggggeeeeeddddd for pain meds.... but that was ALL she wanted....and the local ER had her about 15 times this year.

I hate people like that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.