Seattle EMS at its best

Juilin

I never feel comfortable asking non-EMS/Public Service personnel to help lift. If anything would have happened on the way down the stairs, you and the service you work for would be held liable for involving inappropriate personnel. I don't care if the Fire-fighters left. Call them back. And I would have re-started ALS. 2 Nitro in an hour and a half with a patient with known cardiac history AND a pulse in the 30's..... yeah, ALS is coming back. If they don't want to, we would go have a brief chat with the medical control Doc and see what he feels about it. Chances are, the medics would get their butts kicked. Your assessment was very good, now just make sure you make the right decisions based on your assessment. Remember, it's your license.... guard it well.
When the patient looks shitty you use whoever is available (janitor,relatives).Sometimes the fire companies are not close by!

It just came to my attention yesterday that a copy of my patient care report was pulled for an internal audit of the Medic unit and engine company that triaged the patient. Apparently I documented the case well, aka covered my proverbial arse, because I got a pat on the back and was assured by the head of EMS in my county that these guys were to get a talking too. I hope it doesnt ruin any careers, but its nice to know something is being done and it wasnt just blown over.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.