Auto-Pulse

I just wanted to say that I finally saw the Auto-pulse in action. Brought in a 53 y/o male in cardiac arrest resulting from a seizure....upon arriving at Jamaica Hospital---they applied the auto-pulse and I was impressed by it performance. It allowed the patient to be clear of an extra set of hands and made it appear to allow further intervention to take place w/o people bumping into each other. Not to mention the perfect chest compressions...

Anyone else see this in action---in the field?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brought in a 53 y/o male in cardiac arrest resulting from a seizure...

Sorry, I kinda zoned out after that part. I missed everything else you said. :?

I thought I remembered discussion on this topic before. In the one post Ace has some research posted and in the other Rid talks about Zoll calling off a study due to cracked ribs. Here's links to help with this discussion.

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=941

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1491

The SF study sounds interesting, anymore info available?

DustDevil is there something I should know. You seem very negative. Did do something personal to you to bring this on?

I would guess it was your presentation of "cardiac arrest resulting from seizure"

Wouldn't there be any other underlying cause?

BTW--we had an autopulse demo a month or so back--it looks like a promising technology to me. And I like toys!

I would guess it was your presentation of "cardiac arrest resulting from seizure"

Wouldn't there be any other underlying cause?

Yes, exactly. Nothing personal against you, Ghost. I know nothing about you. It's just that particular description of the patient and event was so bizarre and confusing that I couldn't get past it to consider the rest of the statement.

Not that I am above making bizarre and confusing statements myself. :lol:

the FD I did my EMT ride outs with uses the autopulse. Recently they have had two saves (as in, pt walked out of hospital) using the AutoPulse (and the EZ-IO). One of the pts was a 44 y/o female. I'm not sure about the other. Those are just two that have happened recently (past month or two) that I have heard about in class. I did read in JEMS a few months back that there were some issues with it but I'd have to find the article in order to say what. Sounds good to me, but I'm just a student...

Now that I prrof read my original post I can see where I have mis-lead some of you. I apologize for the incorrect info--I was so into the concept of the auto-pulse I gave a horrible presentation of the job itself.

Have seen the auto pulse and like it. Especially helpful when you dont have extra hands with you. (i work for a transfer service and only two of us for a code) The only negative thing I have heard is about a lawsuit involving broken ribs. Hmm..did not know ribs would break during compressions :? The FD here has it also and has reported quite a few saves with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.