Court

Help! I just got a message that I am being subpoenaed as a witness. That is all I know so far as to the nature of the case. I need advice, and to learn form someone elses experiences. Have any of you been to court for a call? What was it like? did they drill you? Try to discredit you? I have never been in this situation and I am not looking forward to it.

First is the subpoena against the EMS or against private citizens etc?.... then, I would review a copy of my medical records to see if you can recall any specifics. Make notes of the run, (don't tell anyone..they can also subpoena them as well).

If the legal action is against private citizens, you will be contacted by one the attorneys. You may not even have to go to court but give a disposition. Usually, you will be used for expert witness for one side and the other side will try to discredit you. Brush upon specifics of the related medical case...

Usually, you should not sweat it... the attorney will brief you and review with you prior if are to be used...

Good luck,

R/R 911

First is the subpoena against the EMS or against private citizens etc?.... then, I would review a copy of my medical records to see if you can recall any specifics. Make notes of the run, (don't tell anyone..they can also subpoena them as well).

If the legal action is against private citizens, you will be contacted by one the attorneys. You may not even have to go to court but give a disposition. Usually, you will be used for expert witness for one side and the other side will try to discredit you. Brush upon specifics of the related medical case...

Usually, you should not sweat it... the attorney will brief you and review with you prior if are to be used...

Good luck,

R/R 911

Uh Rid, its a Deposition--usually done in an office with the lawyers and a reporter. Hope you do good documentation..this is an example of why we should--then IF you do get called, you can get a copy of the report and read what you did!

Just review what you have on the incident in question and answer what they ask you--don't be forthcoming with other information. It should not be a big deal. And under no circumstances discuss with anyone else or Lie!!!

Heavens no, I've never been to court for an EMS related incident. :)

It isn't that big of a deal, just be glad it isn't you that is behind that big oak desk. :shock:

Only tell facts, if you can't recall something that is no big deal; it is better to state that you are unsure about something then to go with your "hunch" and then be proven wrong later on.

Heavens no, I've never been to court for an EMS related incident. :)

It isn't that big of a deal, just be glad it isn't you that is behind that big oak desk. :shock:

Only tell facts, if you can't recall something that is no big deal; it is better to state that you are unsure about something then to go with your "hunch" and then be proven wrong later on.

Nate are you speaking from Experience ha ha

IF this is a witness for a call you made then you better tell your service that you were subpoened(sic) They should be the ones providing you with counsel on what to say and what not to.

Just the facts like Joe Friday always said, you say something you are not sure of or only on a hunch then you are gonna be grilled.

Talk to your service toot sweet if it involves a call you ran?

Well thank you all for the helpful and not so helpful advice :|

The guy served me today and it turns out it is about the kid that stole my car last October. I still have his mix tape and the car is for sale now. Should I drop the charges if he agrees to buy the car?

Any one interested in a dodge spirit? Its green, and it has a luggage rack on the back. Chicks dig it. LMAO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.