EMS Career

fatterson

Im new to EMS and recently got my National Registry. I am looking for job openings in the Atlanta area and just wanted to know if anyone knew of any or any helpful hints to getting started in EMS. Im sending an application to AMR here in a few minutes and have heard great things about the company. Anyone have any clue as to what kind of starting salary they might have? Thanks guys and gals.

First off, congratulations! Now you get to really start learning. And don't ever stop learning, by the way.

From just a little below your original post you'll find this thread:

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3640

This should have some tips that could be beneficial to you in your quest to join the ranks of the underpaid and overworked. :)

The questions you have regarding the company would be good to save until your interview (although it is generally interview taboo to ask questions re: salary on the first interview). Do you know anyone who works there currently? Ask around to people you do know, people from class etc....

You're still new, and I'm sure you had no way of knowing this. But the search feature can be your friend. We have a variety of people here both new and grizzled vets. There have been many many pages worth of discussion held over more topics than you could possibly imagine. A quick search before you post questions could help you answer questions prior to re-posting something that has been raked over the coals.

No criticism. Just some friendly advice.

Welcome to EMS. Low pay and tons of work and all, I love this job. I can't imagine doing anything else. Any other questions you have think of posting here. This is a great resource with a variety of very knowledgeable people.

-be safe.:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.