New Ride?

ejd049

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to burst your bubble but you don't need a new ambulance simply because you're upgrading to an ALS level service. All you need is new equipment. It'll work on the same truck regardless if it was a BLS truck yesterday or last shift.

And your organization will save a boat load of money, to boot! Money that could be spent on salaries, benefits, bonuses, station upgrades, even ALS equipment (*gasp*).

And yeah...overdone exclamation points do nothing other than turn people off. Basic elementary school grammar dictates otherwise.

Save your money. Don't buy a new ambulance simply because you're upgrading your service. There are better things on which to spend your money.

-be safe.

Hate to burst your bubble but you don't need a new ambulance simply because you're upgrading to an ALS level service. All you need is new equipment. It'll work on the same truck regardless if it was a BLS truck yesterday or last shift.

And your organization will save a boat load of money, to boot! Money that could be spent on salaries, benefits, bonuses, station upgrades, even ALS equipment (*gasp*).

And yeah...overdone exclamation points do nothing other than turn people off. Basic elementary school grammar dictates otherwise.

Save your money. Don't buy a new ambulance simply because you're upgrading your service. There are better things on which to spend your money.

-be safe.

Perhaps they received a grant for a new vehicle. Maybe they just want to upgrade their unit to something larger because they one they currently have is too small (ie Type II). Maybe they want to upgrade to a larger unit because staffing has picked up and a smaller unit just won't cut it anymore. Don't burst someone's bubble simply because you don't agree with them.

EJD049,

In my humble opinion, try to stick with a ambulance manufacturer that is close to you. That will help if you have any warranty issues. In my humble opinion, I like Wheeled Coach and Horton. I've been involved with the purchasing of ambulances before and those 2 have been good. Their product is good and so is their customer service. Wheeled Coach has what they call their Stock Series. My service has 5 of the Custom Series Type III's and we have not had any issues with them. That is just my opinion based on personal experiences, but find the unit and manufacturer that suits you.

Doc

Perhaps they received a grant for a new vehicle. Maybe they just want to upgrade their unit to something larger because they one they currently have is too small (ie Type II). Maybe they want to upgrade to a larger unit because staffing has picked up and a smaller unit just won't cut it anymore. Don't burst someone's bubble simply because you don't agree with them.

Fair enough. But then that would've been good info to include in the original post now, wouldn't it? Otherwise, it's just a seemingly over eager, over emphasized, under informed request. There's not even enough there with which to disagree. Even more, the web sites he's requesting are a pretty easy find with a simple google search. What's with people today looking for others to do the work for them?

-be safe.

Mike, I pointed that out in a previous posting from Fatterson

Again, I will probably make some people either angry or miffed but............................................

Laziness and such is what this is all about.

Oh, we need a new ambulance, maybe I'll ask the guys on EMT City and they will give me all the links that I need in order to save me some time.

Well it takes all of 45 seconds to type in a google search "ambulance manufacturers" this will return at least 10 pages and the very first link is a list of manufacturers and their websites.

How much more difficult can it be to do some simple research before posting here.

I have seen at least 4 posts in the last week that someone has asked a similar question that could have easily been found on a simple and I mean SIMPLE google search.

I mean if you have never gotten on the internet before you have an excuse but almost everyone who posts here has at least a minimal knowledge base so there really isn't an excuse.

Remember www.google.com and do a search before posting obvious questions here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.