EMT Boots

vcfd35s

1. Don't buy anything you haven't actually worn on your own foot first.

2. Nothing is more important than fit and feel. Forget about looking for specific name brands. Buy what feels best on YOUR foot for the price you want to pay. NOTHING is more important or even worth considering.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I am agreeing with Dust!!! I have never had luck with boots ordered from somewhere. The boots I wear now, I have had for several years, don't even know the brand. The company was trying to get the USMC contract in the late 90's when they change boots styles. (Prior to the shine-less.) They are a knock off but I love them!!

Sarge

I wear the Original SWAT boot. I have found that is the most comfortable boot that I have worn. In fact, I still wear them regularly even though I am no longer working on the ambulance. I work in a campus environment and do a significant amount of walking so they are more comfortable than regular shoes.

I have always been careful about ordering boots online. I will order online if it is a boot that I have worn before. I have been involved in EMS for 15 years. I feel I have no problems with my feet since I have always worn a good pair of boots.

I always prefered black "sneakers" or skid resilient "work-shoes" from Wal-Mart which are pretty much ..well... black sneakers.

But some employers insist on the steel toes then you have to switch to those boots, and the bad thing with

them are that they rarely have them in female sizes. Another thing is that the calf muscaluture on females

is a bit different and that it gets really difficult to find something that is comfortable beyond ankles. Now some

on the pricier side have female issued (and strangely they're more expensive than the male issues), and I

finally stuck with Magnum women's. Bates side zippers are very functional, but again, I had only a male

issue one and I could not 'break' them in a year. So I'm getting rid of them. (Check out the sale section in the forum :lol:

I have always liked Redwings. I have pairs that are still going strong for 4 years. For EMS I use Red Wing 4473 - 8-inch. They have a zipper kit that is difficult to lace in. Yes, you have to read the instructions twice. Once they are in correctly they work great and are very comfortable. My current pair is being worn 300 days a year and still going strong on year 2. They even shine up nice when needed.

• 1 month later...

I chose the Thorogood boots, those kick butt... and work well for everyday EMS or even down in the mud on a car accident. These boots have the side zippers. I paid around $70 for this particular pair, and if anyone is interested, I'll post a picture.

I think I dug up a half-dead topic... OHHHH well.

I chose the Thorogood boots, those kick butt... and work well for everyday EMS or even down in the mud on a car accident. These boots have the side zippers. I paid around $70 for this particular pair, and if anyone is interested, I'll post a picture.

I think I dug up a half-dead topic... OHHHH well.

Not really dead...just stinky now...pass the foot powder over here!

I was looking around for boots and someone mentioned that you need steel toed boots for EMS.

So my question is, how many of you guys are required to have steel-toed boots and how many of you actually have them?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.