EMT Boots

vcfd35s

Hey all,

I did a search for "boots" and I was able to find some good info in terms of different companys. Bates, Matterhorn, Danners, Galls, and Herman. I just wanted to get an idea of out of those companys, which do you find to be the best overall company with the best quality. Thanxs alot guys.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like anything, you get what you pay for. I personally like and wear the Hermans. The tread is a little aggressive and no, they don't have the zippers but do have speed laces. They are a 6" boot, which is all I require as we don't get very much if any snow here.

The aggressive tread is helpful to me as I work nights exclusively and with all the MVA's we encounter, there good for walking through ditches.

Just my opinion and good luck in you search.

Guest CHP medic

I wore Rockies for years and was happy with them, but I bought a pair of Danners about 2 years ago and they are they best I've ever owned. Really comfortable and durable, but they are expensive.

Original Swat 9 inch with side zipper for daily stuff on Car (cheap but good quality) :thumbright:

Oil and acid resistant and Steel Toes which I HATE! :evil:

I use Molitor for Rock and Ice.

Scarpa for SAR.

My Mother wears Army Boots and I had one up my butt so far I could taste leather one day. :dontknow:

Did I say I HATE steel toes! :evil:

Oh yah if the shoe fits wear it (well someone had to say it) :joker:

I have the Bates boots...and I love them. They are comfy. They lace up the front, but have the side zippers so that you can easily take them on and off, and leave them laced. Good tread, protective toes...and they don't make your feet sweat. I have tried a couple other brands, and so far, I like these best. They are warm in the winter also. My feet have been out a LOT lately in this 9 degree weather I have here...and they're the only part of me that's toasty warm. lmao..

Good deal...

xoxoxo :wink:

What brand boot would have everything.....traction..waterproof, steel toe, and relatively comfortable. Ive been looking at the galls and like there boot very much. If anyone has had any experience with galls or with any other boot please let me know. Thanks guys.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.