Fair Contract for NYC

John

As someone who used to work NYC full-time (Staten Island University Hospital 21W, not that it counts because I hated Staten Island and couldn't get a f/t job in Brooklyn), who did go through the paperwork to get hired, only to be told I needed to lose weight (w/ 400 lb LTs walking around), here's my 2 cents:

1. NYC*EMS has to be its own separate entity AGAIN!! The Union needs to elect people with balls to go back to a third service.

2. Abolish all the voluntary hospital EMS units. I used to be on one of them, so I am entitled to say that. All for one should be the name of the game.

3. Abolish REMAC and revamp the protocols. While REMAC allows nice drugs and nice protocols, trying to get Medical Control is a bitch in that town, and the docs in the boxes don't have a f--king clue.

I loved the people I worked with, but I couldn't work in a system that wouldn't let me treat my patients the way they should be treated.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Asysin2leads for the support. FDNY Medics are to all other medics what FDNY EMTs are to all other EMTs.... I've heard what FDNY Medic Basic classes are like.... but do me a favor.... next time... I'm not a she. But it's all good, cause we're still the best around.

There is a damn good reason why FDNY EMT's should be paid more then all other EMTs.... THEY ARE THE BEST.

LMAO!! Compared to whom?

How'd you score on NR?

Oooooh! That's right, you didn't take NR. :P

LMAO!! Compared to whom?

How'd you score on NR?

Oooooh! That's right, you didn't take NR. :lol:

Just south of Winnipeg? Well... that makes sense... I wouldn't honestly expect you to speak with more than your experience at the local volly fire department. FDNY EMTs are the best compared to any EMT that has been trained as per the national curriculum... which is everyone if I'm not mistaken. The FDNY program is signifigantly more in depth and advanced then the national curriculum. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.