Corporate Sponsorship for new Ambulances...

Corporate Sponsorship for new Ambulances...

There is a police department not far from here, as well as several services in the region utilizing corporate sponsored ambulances on the street...

For those who are unfamilar, this is when you solicit companies to buy your trucks, buy the equipment in your trucks, or donate part of the truck cost in exchange for using the big billboard space on the side of the truck as exactly that...a billboard...

Im curious to see everyones thought on this phenomenon, Im possible needed to be buying squads of my own soon, and am kicking around this idea...

Good idea? Bad idea? Let hear it....

I think its a good idea. The community supports its EMS service and gets a good return on their investment at the same time. My only concern would be making sure that it still appears to the vast majority of people to be an ambulance. I've personally never seen or heard of this, but I think its a good idea!

There was a group of scammers who put together an organization called, Government Acquisitions, Inc. back after 9/11. They originated this concept, and their proposed purpose was to facilitate the sponsorship process for police, fire, and EMS agencies. It was surrounded by much hoopla and fanfare as if they were the second coming. Debates raged on police message boards and listservers far and wide over whether they would allow advertisements on their patrol cars. News items appeared on television locally and nationally where police chiefs puffed up their chests and swore they would never sell out the integrity of their department to Whataburger, etc... This went on for about a year. Then it disappeared. The news disappeared. The debate disappeared. And yes, Government Acquisitions, Inc. disappeared. Not a single vehicle of any sort was ever delivered to any agency. Their founders went into hiding in the middle of the night. A lot of armed men who had been made big promises by those idiots -- and who had structured their entire budget around those promises -- were quite anxious to talk to them. One of their original press pieces can be found at:

• I think the concept has merit. Obscene amounts of money are thrown around this country in the name of advertising and promotion. It may well have been successfully achieved on a local level somewhere. Heck, I know cities around here whose entire fire departments were bought and paid for by a large corporation moving into the district. But I'm not sure these clowns have yet accomplished delivery of any vehicles in the last four years. You'd think they would brag about it on their site if they had, yet they don't. I'd sure like to see somebody with half a brain get the ball rolling though. Good luck!

There was a group of scammers who put together an organization called' date=' Government Acquisitions, Inc. back after 9/11. They originated this concept, and their proposed purpose was to facilitate the sponsorship process for police, fire, and EMS agencies. It was surrounded by much hoopla and fanfare as if they were the second coming. Debates raged on police message boards and listservers far and wide over whether they would allow advertisements on their patrol cars. News items appeared on television locally and nationally where police chiefs puffed up their chests and swore they would never sell out the integrity of their department to Whataburger, etc... This went on for about a year. Then it disappeared. The news disappeared. The debate disappeared. And yes, Government Acquisitions, Inc. disappeared. Not a single vehicle of any sort was ever delivered to any agency. Their founders went into hiding in the middle of the night. A lot of armed men who had been made big promises by those idiots -- and who had structured their entire budget around those promises -- were quite anxious to talk to them. One of their original press pieces can be found at:[list']

Avoid said company.....check. Any other thoughts?

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.