EBR EMS--Louisiana in EMS Digest

Red Stick

Care to clarify it for me rather then?

Sure. I believe that basic EMTs (US, not Canadian) should not be the primary care-givers on EMS ambulances. It is not a sufficiently educated level of understanding or medical sophistication for the job.

That's it. It's not personal. It has nothing to do with disliking them personally or professionally. It is simply a professional opinion that their level of training is not suited for transporting EMS and that they should be limited to first responder and non-emergency transportation only.

Anybody with knowledge of American EMS education, a lick of sense, and who isn't an EMT getting all defensive about his turf, would have to agree with that belief.

So what are billy things?

It's those little slot pockets on the thigh of some cop pants where they put a slapjack or small billy club or flashlight. They're big out west, like in California.

Here's one:

pS22-225_ss.jpg

Dickies makes a similar slacks, they feature a "cell phone" pocket. I sport these because they aren't as tight as regular ones, plus makes a great place to store extra gloves. I've never really liked true "medic" pants because my jump bag has everything I need.

• 6 months later...

I applied to EBR EMS back in April. They have been running news stories in the paper and TV about being desperately short of medics and such but I'm still waiting to hear from them. I got my score from them based on my application and have a 89% and am ranked #4 so I guess after 3 other people get run off I have a shot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.