New Jersey Reciprocity (EMT-P) HELP

Hi everyone! Long time no post.

I work full-time as a medic in New York City, and have been looking for a second job, possibly one with a path to a flight career. I've had my eye on a particular hospital in New Jersey that's a) not too far from my home in Queens, and b) hiring per diem medics. There is, however, a catch, or more specifically, a catch-22:

--In order to get hired in New Jersey as a medic, you have to have a New Jersey State MICP (Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic) card.

--To get an MICP card, you have to get sponsored by a hospital.

--For a hospital to sponsor you to get your card, you have to get hired.

--To get hired, you have to have an MICP card....

Can anyone see a way out of this loop? I've contacted a couple hospitals, but only ever gotten answering machines for the ALS coordinators, and those calls go into the black holes of Never Been Returned.

And no, I don't have a National Registry, and no, even if I did it wouldn't help..... right?

If any Jersey medics could let me know what I'm doing wrong here or who to reach out to I'd really, really appreciate it.

~MBC

Edited by Miz Black Crow

As screwed up as NJ is there must be someone in the state EMS office that has a clue and can answer your questions.

That or drive over to the garbage state and talk to the person responsible for hiring per diems at the hospital close by to queens.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.