Working on EMT and I have had two tickets in the last three years

6 points with one ticket. What the heck was the ticket for? Failure to report a mva or leaving the scene in maryland is 5 points so one can only assume that yours is similar.

Going 40 miles per hour over the posted speed limit is 5 points in maryland.

DWI is 12 points in maryland

So depending on the violation and how far back your 6 pointer is, I am betting that NO company in your state will touch you with a 10 foot or mile long pole.

My advice if you really want to be an EMT is this

1. Stop getting tickets that put 6 points on your license

2. Go talk to a lawyer about getting that 6 pointer off your record

3. Wait for the requisite time for the points to come off normally. The most optimal option would be to continue on to paramedic afteryour emt classes and that way you can possibly avoid having to drive.

And one final thing, depending on what you got the ticket for, I'm not sure if I would want you or anyone else who gets a 6 point ticket on their license driving my family member or more close to home, ME in your ambulance.

Good luck but I think that this might be a NO GO on the part of any insurance company who looks at your record.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.