2.0 GPA just to train as an EMT ?

Trm90

Hey I can spell! I am not writing a book so why do I need proper grammar? I am sure that the guy dying on the side of the road will not care very much about my grammar or spelling.

You're an idiot, you realise that? The DOT did a study some years back and the main reason people failed to complete the Paramedic (ALS) program according to its research was lack of basic math and English ability.

Not only that but seriously? seriously? I can't even begin to describe the multiple levels of fail .... for starters all of your patient report forms are legal documents that must stand up in court and that any good medical malpractice lawyer and expert witness can make you look like a bigger incompetent muppet than you already are with ...

If I continue I am going to have a haemmorhagic stroke so excuse me while I scoff down some clexane and ACE inhibitors and leave it at that.

Am I the only one that smells a troll here?

Dude, you said you liked me! :D

The DOT did a study some years back and the main reason people failed to complete the Paramedic (ALS) program according to its research was lack of basic math and English ability.
Who needs math skills when you have an iPhone, It's not like I ever use dimensional analysis in the real world. And we speak American not English, Duh.

Funny enough someone tried that in my program... we were allowed to use calculators for med math but they tried using a phone app to calculate drip rates. We're not talking complicated drips either... simple math that anyone with a 5th grade math understanding should be able to do!

There is surprisingly little math involved in being an ambo down here in New Zed as all of our paediatric drug dosages with associated volumes are listed in the back of the Clinical Practice Guidelines so that's really duh simple so even a muppet with nothing more than Proficiency Ambulance Aid from 1991 could use them.

We don't do any drips except adrenaline and amiodarone; adrenaline is 1 mg in 1,000 ml of 0.9% NaCl given at 2 gtt/s and titrated to patient condition from there, amiodarone is 150 mg in 500 ml of D5 given over 30 minutes.

The hardest part of Kiwi ambo math is counting down the numbers between the day after pay day and the next pay day :D

You're an idiot, you realise that?

No. You don't get to say that. You...a mentally unbalanced admitted liar who at various times has pretended to be a NZ EMT...NZ Paramedic...medical student...doctor...flight doctor...who knows what else...going by the names Kiwimedic, Kiwiology, MrBrown, Rotors, and probably many more...who's only medical background is the ability to use Google...

You don't get to call anyone an idiot.